Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate (CSL)
Product Name: ZTCC® CSL
Full Name: Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate
Product Type: Emulsifier, food grade
Color: Off white to white
INS No.: 482
CAS No.: 5793-94-2
Features and Applications
Stearoyl-2-Lactylates can offer excellent functional properties and their application areas are wide within food industry. They are essential to many food products such as baked goods, toppings, coffee whiteners and so on.
- 1In yeast-raised bakery products, lactylates can be used to offer excellent dough maching properties, to increase bread volume and to improve the crumb softness. And they can provide good yeast-raised dough strengthening effects.
- 2In fried and steamed yeast-raised products, the use of lactylates can enhance the toughness of the dough therefore to improve the mouth feel.
- 3In cakes, the use of lactylates can help manufacturers to produce cakes with softer texture, finer cell structure, and longer shelf life.
- 4In cookies and crackers, the addition of lactylates will reduce dough viscosity, reduce sticking to machinery surfaces, and improve mouth feel and food quality.
- 5In pastas, the use of lactylates can increase the firmness of pasta.
- 6In coffee whiteners, lactylates can be used to enhance the feathering stability and to improve whiteness.
Packaging: Net weight: 25kg/Carton
Storage And Transportation
Shelf Life: 12 months in unopened original packaging under the storage conditions (from date of production).
Storage: Avoid sunlight, rain. Store in unbroken packaging at the cool, dry and well-ventilated place. The storage temperature should below 28 ℃ to minimise the agglomeration (the natural tendency).
Transportation: Keep safety of the packaging in the transportation.
US FDA 172.844 & E482 & Local Food Regulations.
Additional Safety Information
A Material Safety Data Sheet is available on request.